Our skin is vital organ to keep us protected from various environmental challenges, maintain body’s temperature, serve as near impermeable barrier to bad foreign pathogens, and regulate body’s internal water reservoir. Even though beauty is more than skin deep, in order to have and keep healthy, clean skin free of skin abnormalities or reduce various skin problems, make these steps part of skin care.
1) Lower your stress level through prayer and meditation. Stress creates hormones that actually age us as they destroy cells and create toxic bio-products and free radicals. Studies have shown that prayer and meditation can reduce our stress levels. Prayer and meditation have been proven to even alleviate some of the symptoms of cancer and other life threatening diseases.
2) Drink plenty of water. It is a fact that 90% of us do not drink enough water. For your skin cells to function properly and heal properly from cuts, etc… we need to drink 8-12 glasses of water every day. Our skin is one of our most important organs as it protects us from disease, cushions our falls, etc… It needs plenty of water.
3) Get enough sleep. Not getting the proper 8-10 hours of sleep per day will first show in your skin. Broken capillaries, puffiness, or circles under the eyes. Also, less sleep triggers abnormalities in certain hormones like testosterone and its by-products that can cause acne and related skin issues.
4) Eat well. Get proper nutrition. Too much junk foods can cause or worsen skin problems like pimples and acne. A well balanced meal three (3) times per day plus smart snacking has been proven to help alleviate spikes in skin problems and help to average out the outbreaks in acne vulgaris.
5) Take vitamins to supplement your skin and body. If you can’t always make sure you get 100% of each vitamin and mineral with the foods we eat, then you may want to take a multivitamin once a day. They are good quality multivitamins available at most grocery stores and there is no excuse for not eating balanced diet. People that take multivitamins once a day live longer. Its a well known fact just like people who smoke take years off their lives.
6) Properly clean your skin. Harsh soaps can dry out your skin and even stimulate further sebum (oil) production which can worsen acne. Use a mild cleanser with 2% salicylic acid. This has been proven very effective in ridding excess oils while maintaining proper hydration and pH. The slight acidity will keep bacteria at bay.
7) Don’t smoke. Smoking puts years on you. Literally, smoking can add 10 years to the aged look of your skin. Why would you want to do that? If you must have nicotine then get nicotine gum or the patch – they will cure your cravings and there is no evidence or statistics of anyone developing cancer, lung disease, etc… from these.
8) Wear sunscreen. The skin does have keratin to protect against the suns rays, but it is no match for UV rays that we expose ourselves to. Melanoma has several forms and all are deadly. Be vigilant for any unusual skin changes anywhere on your body. Wear sunscreen like this one when you are outdoors for extended periods of time, especially in sunny weather. Make sure to use SPF (sun protection factor) of at least 30 or higher to get better and longer protection from harmful effects of the sun’s UV rays.
9) Treat yourself to a spa treatment at least once a year. Skin peels, TCA peels, deep tissue massage, complete relaxation, aromatherapy, etc… will all energize and heal your skin. TCA peels can actually improve your skin’s ability to regenerate itself and improve collagen levels.
Remember, follow these nine steps to enjoy healthier skin.
1 thought on “Steps to keep healthy clear skin”
Hello there! I simply want to offer you a huge thumbs up for the great info you have got here on this post. I will be coming back to your website for more soon.